Paul Makube, senior agricultural economist at FNB agribusiness, said during a time of year when braais are synonymous with gatherings of family and friends, budgets are expected to come under pressure as meat prices have surged, underpinned by resilient seasonal consumer demand and supply contraction.
- SARS boss Kieswetter sends out strong tax message
- South Africans have a love affair with chicken. But higher prices are testing if they can afford it
- Chips, chicken and tyres: time for a trade policy rethink?
- SA chicken producers in a flap over suspension of anti-dumping duties on imported poultry
- Sowetan Live: Meat importers welcome move to suspend poultry anti-dumping duties