LETTER: Five steps to alleviate food crisis for poor (businesslive.co.za)
- Cutting taxes and levies on fuel to reduce the cost of transporting food.
- Reallocating the R50m “food aid” for Cuba to feed hungry people at home.
- Scrapping VAT on the food items most commonly purchased by the poorest households by reviewing and expanding the zero-rated food basket.
- Reviewing and reducing import tariffs on foods consumed by low-income households.
- Providing private titles to all land reform beneficiaries to increase food supply and security while reducing prices.