THE frequent distress calls by the Poultry Association of Nigeria over the high cost of feeds highlight the impact of the worsening adverse operating environment on one of the country’s most vibrant economic sub-sectors. Given its importance as a vital protein source and employer of labour, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and the 36 state governors should move to save the sub-sector from collapse and map out separate as well as collaborative measures to accelerate its expansion.
- SARS boss Kieswetter sends out strong tax message
- South Africans have a love affair with chicken. But higher prices are testing if they can afford it
- Chips, chicken and tyres: time for a trade policy rethink?
- SA chicken producers in a flap over suspension of anti-dumping duties on imported poultry
- Sowetan Live: Meat importers welcome move to suspend poultry anti-dumping duties