The data released by Statistics South Africa this morning, 16 February 2022, shows that consumer food price inflation accelerated to 6,2% year-on-year in January 2022, from 5,9% year-on-year in the previous month. Fish, oils and fats, and vegetables are the primary products underpinning this uptick in the overall consumer food price inflation.
- SARS boss Kieswetter sends out strong tax message
- South Africans have a love affair with chicken. But higher prices are testing if they can afford it
- Chips, chicken and tyres: time for a trade policy rethink?
- SA chicken producers in a flap over suspension of anti-dumping duties on imported poultry
- Sowetan Live: Meat importers welcome move to suspend poultry anti-dumping duties