Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 24 was the beginning of a third world war that has the potential to destroy our civilisation. The invasion was preceded by a long meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping on 4 February – the beginning of the Chinese Lunar New Year celebrations and the Beijing Winter Olympic Games. At the end of that meeting, the two men released a 5,000-word, carefully drafted document announcing a close partnership between their two countries. The document is stronger than any treaty and must have required detailed negotiations in advance.
- SARS boss Kieswetter sends out strong tax message
- South Africans have a love affair with chicken. But higher prices are testing if they can afford it
- Chips, chicken and tyres: time for a trade policy rethink?
- SA chicken producers in a flap over suspension of anti-dumping duties on imported poultry
- Sowetan Live: Meat importers welcome move to suspend poultry anti-dumping duties